Exams have forever been the most dreading events in any student’s life. They have been the most difficult tasks and don’t really change with the passage of time. To add to the complexities, GAMSAT is considered one of the toughest competitive exams in Australia. If you are one of the people who aspire to appear for GAMSAT this year then you have be facing this anxiety and fear already. Panic is really not going to help you in GAMSAT, it may in fact adversely affect you preparation for the exams. Instead use some tips to overcome this anxiety and motivate yourself to appear for the exams. Let me offer you some tips that will help you smooth sail through GAMSAT and be positive throughout the preparation time. Just set a goal for yourself and work towards it.
1. First things first, get you registration done ahead of time for GAMSAT and ensure that you have cleared all formalities this will save you a lot of panic and official run around on the GAMSAT day.
2. Second important thing, believe in the power of you brain. We can collect limitless amount of information and also recall it when needed, in the miracle called our brain. Now this can happen, only if we create a habit of collecting, retaining and recalling this information. So spend time getting into that habit. Its important because last minute preparation will not help.
3. Third vital thing, practice, practice and more practice. Try as many prep questions as you can find. The more the better, spend time to choose questions that are on GAMSAT standards. This is the closest you can get to the GAMSAT because it does not have a official syllabus.
4. Dedication and determination is the most important key apart from all the preparation that goes into appearing for GAMSAT. Once you have decided to sit for the test, don’t let anything else stop you from giving it your best shot. Remember it’s just a test, but like everything else it needs focus.
5. GAMSAT is designed to make students approach study systematically. It means to teach and evaluate yourself. It requires you to identify your strengths and weakness and work towards improving them. It also requires you to understand your performance and close loops in the process of studying. In short learn from you mistakes and don’t repeat them.
6. Look at managing your time. This is a very important factor while appearing for the test. Since each question and section is timed the preparation has to be done in a similar manner. So while you studying to gain knowledge practice time management as well.
7. Along with all the things said above, relax. Keep yourself fresh with other activities. Get your sleep eat well, play a sport and don’t get into unnecessary discussions about GAMSAT with people around you. You do not want any de-motivating thoughts about the test or the preparation crossing your mind.